The Universal Banker will be crossed trained for both Customer Service Representative and Teller duties. This position will participate in the daily operations of the branch; including but not limited to, assisting customers with account management and other financial services needs and providing timely and efficient completion of client transactions while maintaining accurate records and thorough handling of all monies assigned. This position will proactively participate in the sales/quality referral process of the branch as directed by management.
At Marine Bank and Trust, we are looking for people who want more than a job-who want to make a positive difference in the communities where we live and serve.
This position requires National Mortgage Licensing System (NMLS) registration under the terms of the S.A.F.E. Act of 2008 and Regulation Z. You will be subject to the required registration process, which includes a criminal background and credit check. Failure to meet or maintain any of the NMLS registration requirements, including maintaining a satisfactory criminal and credit record, may result in a rescission of your offer or termination of employment.
Complies with all regulations that apply within the scope of the position, including BSA, AML, OFAC and CIP.
- Provide exceptional customer service promptly and efficiently processing customer transactions, addressing inquiries, and problem resolution, in accordance with bank policies
- Promote and advise on the bank's products and services
- Perform the basic transactions of a paying and receiving teller such as accepting deposits and loan payments, verifying cash and endorsements, cashing checks within limits and obtaining further authorization when necessary, issuing money orders, cashier’s checks, and redeeming savings bonds
- Prepare individual daily balance of teller cash transactions as well as other reports as necessary
- Open and service new and existing accounts
- Ability to cross sell across product lines
- Have a developed rapport with the customer base, greet by/use name, have knowledge of account ownership, be responsive and timely with correspondence and problem resolution, and display a caring attitude
- Maintain a position of trust and responsibility by keeping all customer business confidential
- Maintain a well-developed working knowledge of the complete line of products and services offered, taking responsibility to keep up to date and request assistance for further development needs. Must comply with BSA/AML/OFAC regulations and guidelines
- High school diploma or equivalent
- One – three years of experience or commensurate training in retail activities, including sales and cash handling
- Knowledge of retail product philosophy, policy, procedures, documentation and systems
- Customer service and interpersonal skills
- Effective selling, cross-selling and referral skills
- Mathematical, problem-solving, and negotiation skills
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal & relationship building skills
- Previous experience in a financial sales representative oriented role
- Above average computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, outlook & Internet Explorer.
- Must be able to Multi Task