Greets customers with a smile. Provides exceptional customer service and basic information through counter-based transactions. Provides a variety of customer savings, checking and credit account transactions, as well as customer services such as processing cashier's checks. Identifies cross-sell opportunities and refers customer to appropriate sales team member. This is a part-time opportunity, 9:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m., Monday to Friday.
Major Duties & Requirements
- Ensures Engaging, Reliable, Inviting, Knowledgeable and Admirable customer experiences.
- Processes transactions accurately and efficiently in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Identifies customer needs and refer financial products and services to consumer and small business customers.
- Promotes and explains other financial institution services such as consumer and mortgage loans, IRAs, certificates of deposit, safe deposit boxes, and cashier's checks.
- Receives mortgage, consumer loan and other payments and ensures the payments match balances due. Enters payments into computer. Generates customer receipts.
- Places holds on accounts for uncollected funds.
- Counts, checks and packages coins and currency accurately.
- Balances cash drawer at the end of the shift and compares totaled amounts to computer-generated proof sheet. Reports any discrepancies to the supervisor as necessary.
- Ensures that the teller station is properly stocked with forms, supplies, etc.
- Is responsible for checking night depository bags and recording proper information on the financial institution’s forms.
- Is aware of and abides by the Bank's safety policies and procedures at all times.
- Possess a superior attention to detail.
- Completes the Bank's annual security and operational training.
- Complies with all regulations that apply within the scope of the position, including BSA, AML, OFAC and CIP.
- Participates in community events to keep with the “Team Marine” philosophy and image.
Education & Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 2-4 Years cash handling experience.
- Good interpersonal communication, organization, and computer skills including Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Access, Microsoft Outlook, Internet Explorer.
- Greet Bank customers in person and by phone, professionally, and pleasantly with a smile.
- Provide customer information in person, by phone, and email/fax.
- Complete customer transfer and cashier's check requests in person, by phone, and email/fax.
- Process and log customer transactions received by mail, ATM, or night deposit.
- Process and log lockbox deposits for multiple customers including data entry.
- Perform other teller duties such as foreign currency orders and processing loan payments.
- Perform teller duties including consignment items such as cashier's checks, and gift cards.
- Vigilant in protecting customers’ identity and guarding against ID theft.
- Receive checks and cash for deposits to accounts, verifies amounts, examines checks for proper endorsement, and enters deposits into computer records.
- Cash checks and processes withdrawals; pays out money after verification of signatures and customer balances.
- Process loose coin with the coin counter/sorter.
- Encode tickets with the correct account number, verify check amounts/payees, and verify currency deposits
- Balance drawer daily and re solve and discrepancies.
- Assist head teller with various duties and additional tasks such as monthly audits, adding cash and balancing the ATM weekly, and occasionally cash vault responsibilities.
- Assist head teller with verifying cash shipments.
- Able to distinguish counterfeit currency.
- Verify and submit currency transaction reports.
- Order supplies as necessary for the teller line.
- Reports malfunctions of teller terminals and other equipment used at the teller station.
- Assist other Bank departments with clerical duties as necessary.
- Other duties as assigned.