Responsible for leading the residential real estate lending sales and increase the organization’s presence and competitiveness within a targeted market while ensuring high quality customer service and maximum profitability.
Major Duties & Responsibilities
- Ensures engaging, reliable, inviting, knowledgeable and admirable customer experiences by embracing our sales and service management system.
- Develops overall residential lending strategies and effective lending planning to ensure overall soundness of Marine Bank’s loan portfolio.
- Expand residential lending department adding new loan officers.
- Achieve above market average loan pricing and loan quality. Coordinates with the Chief Lending Officer.
- Report industry trends to the Chief Lending Officer. Makes recommendations for appropriate responses to marketplace activity and utilizes suitable risk management strategies in product pricing and loan retention.
- Stays informed of trends and changes in lending programs, products, and services.
- Attends meetings and serves on committees as required.
- Assumes responsibility for ensuring that professional business relationships are established and maintained with customers, the business community, and trade organizations.
- Provide leadership to assigned team members through effective objective setting, delegation, and communication. Conducts staff meetings as required. Assigns, directs, and coordinates work.
- Ensures the effective performance of residential lending related services. Ensures that members are adequately educated and counseled through lending process and that approval policies and procedures are non-discriminatory. Identify innovative solutions to address emerging threats to service delivery.
- Collaborate with loan officers and bank partners to cross sell bank products to mortgage customers.
- Communicates and assists in complex approvals or denials to the borrower, real estate agent or builder.
- Attend credit committee meetings. Add support to officer loan presentations.
- Negotiates loan structure.
- Responsible for related duties as required or assigned. Completes special projects as assigned.
- Promotes and establishes strong, positive and productive working relationships within the organization through commitment to the company’s vision statement, core values and business principles.
- Complies with all regulations that apply within the scope of the position, including BSA, AML, OFAC and CIP.
- Responsible for personal production quota
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration or finance or 10 years relevant business experience.
- Ten or more years of mortgage lending experience.
- Thorough understanding of loan documentation criteria and business objectives for the Residential Real Estate Lending Department.
- Excellent communication, management, analytical and interpersonal skills.
We invite you to review our employee benefits flyer.