Processes and reviews loan origination and renewal documents for complex commercial loan products. Responsible for reviewing credit approval request, determining loan structure, obtaining correct due diligence documentation and preparing the required loan documentation for closings. This position will be required, on a daily basis, to effectively interact with loan officers, third party vendors, and Bank management through all stages of the documentation preparation and processing accordance with established guidelines.
Provide assistance to Documentation Specialists I and II and offer guidance throughout the documentation process. Responsible for documentation pipeline management and distributing workload to Specialists I and II for timely closings.
Key Role, Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Ensure the requirements of Bank’s Loan Policy regarding various aspects of loan documentation are met and satisfied and adhere to policies and procedures (Regulatory and Bank)
- Confirm proper approval was obtained for each loan request, and conditions to close are satisfied prior to close
- Understand/obtain the required application documentation.
- Various legal entities with their respective structures and documentation
- Various required consumer disclosures
- Determine and obtain the different collateral requirements of various commercial, small business and consumer loans.
- Generate accurate complex loan closing packages through Bank’s software program, confirming all exceptions are noted and communicated to Loan Servicing through the preparation of the Booking Checklist for Loan Servicing. Review the accuracy of outside counsel documentation prior to closing, if applicable
- Accurately update the Documentation pipeline to track the closings of pending loans and issues arising with the documentation that may impact the scheduled closing and present weekly report to management, effectively participating in weekly staff and individual meetings as outlined in the Emmerich program
- Recommend changes in processes for department efficiencies. Responsible for writing procedures and training staff on new processes