The position of IT Professional performs a wide range of duties under minimal supervision that include, but are not limited to, the support of servers, desktops, corporate enterprise applications, printers, network equipment, enterprise antivirus, patch management, server backups, daily data replication, telephone systems, vendor relations, and end user support. The IT professional will also assist in budget preparation and have a strong knowledge of Windows 2012 & 2008 Server, Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, and WSUS. The IT Professional must be a person who enjoys learning new things, solving problems and be able to communicate and interact well with other employees.
- Perform Microsoft Windows Server administration in an Active Directory environment
- Provide administration, troubleshooting, and maintenance of end users’ computers and associated systems
- Provide technical support for both network, system hardware, and software issues
- Administer enterprise anti-virus and malware for all servers and desktops
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups and daily replication
- Install new/rebuild existing servers/desktops and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements
- Perform daily backup/replication operations
- Create, change, and delete user accounts/mailboxes per request
- Research and recommend innovative, and where possible automated approaches for system administration tasks
- Apply OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis, and configure/add new services as necessary
- Perform periodic performance reporting to support capacity planning
- Produce documentation and procedures for the operation of servers, workstations, operating systems, applications, disaster recovery scenarios, etc., as needed
- Work with vendors to resolve problems and/or apply upgrades to vendor sponsored hardware or software products
- Create and maintain scripts for day to day operations.
- Works with vendors for the purchase of computer systems and network appliances
- Provide support for other computer peripheral devices such as printers, monitors, scanners, and solving problems associated to those devices
- Carrying out other duties as may be requested by management
- Comply with Bank Secrecy Act
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft technologies including: Windows Server 2008/2012 R2, Windows 7 /10 Pro, IIS, Exchange with Office 365, event log monitoring, and file backup technologies
- Advanced experience managing small/medium size Windows domains utilizing Windows Server 2012 to include Active Directory, Group Policy, DHCP, DNS, Certificate Services, and WSUS
- Thorough understanding of and past hands-on experience in managing enterprise anti-virus and update/patch management processes: Symantec End Point, WSUS, Desktop Central, etc.
- Proven experience installing new and rebuilding existing Windows based systems
- Experience authoring documentation for the purpose of providing written reference and/or conveying information
- Ability to create scripts using various languages for systems management
- Past experience reviewing log files for security purposes
- Knowledge and understanding of Powershell
- Knowledge of Routers, switches, firewalls
- Understanding of RDBMS technologies: SQL Server, etc.
- Past experience in IT working for a bank
- Knowledge of Jack Henry & Associates, Silverlake software
- Experience managing corporate voice systems
Bachelor degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or related discipline and 4 years of experience providing a high-level of technical support and systems analysis, with substantial experience in the installation and troubleshooting of Windows based hardware and software, both in person or via remote technologies Combinations of education and experience may be considered.
Preferred Certification Requirements
- MCSA - Microsoft Certified Systems Administration
- MCSE - Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer
- Ability to operate a computer and general office equipment.
- Walking, standing, sitting, bending, pushing, pulling, lifting up to 50 pounds, and communicating with employees and vendors.
Working in a fast-paced environment.
- The ability to communicate with technical and non-technical individuals and teams
- Must be able to prioritize multiple tasks to achieve positive results for all concerned individuals
- Handle multiple tasks and projects with various and changing levels of priority
- Must be able to work independently with little supervision
- Dependable, self-motivated, organized, strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong customer service focus and interpersonal skills
- Must be a team player working with peers and non-IT staff to provide technical solutions to the bank in general and individual departments.
- Availability to work weekend hours as needed to meet business requirements
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills for efficient troubleshooting
- Need to be a "Jack-Of-All-Trades"
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skill, and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent will possess the abilities and aptitude to perform each duty proficiently.
Job Type: Full-time
High-level of technical support: 4 years