The Financial Analyst/Staff Accountant produces, analyzes and reports the Bank’s financial position as a basis for management planning and decision making, and for fulfilling financial reporting requirements.
Major Duties & Responsibilities
- Preparation and analysis of internal and external financial reporting, insuring the integrity of this information.
- Preparation of regulatory and financial reporting, financial analyses, cash management and forecasting reports
- Prepare the annual budget(s) including periodic analysis of budget variances.
- Develop and produce ad hoc pro forma models to assess various corporate strategies.
- Produce daily and monthly corporate financial statements.
- Prepare, analyze and discuss the Bank’s various financial models including IRR and liquidity.
- Prepare General ledger entries.
- Prepare various financial packages for use by management.
- Support the Controller with various assignments.
- Comply with all regulations that apply within the scope of the position, including BSA, AML, OFAC and CIP
- Participate in community events to keep with the “Team Marine” philosophy and image
Education & Experience
- Advance knowledge of accounting principles, as well as excellent analytical, verbal, mathematical and written communication skills.
- Database report writing experience.
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills, specifically Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Experience with Jack Henry software including Cognos preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance.
- Run daily reports
- Prepare journal entries
- Monitor and manage Bank’s cash position
- Prepare Management Meeting materials
- Monitor and manage Bank’s wholesale funding sources
- Prepare Board of Director and Asset Liability Committee financial packages.
- Prepare minutes for the Asset Liability Committee.
- Prepare EOM closing entries including accruals, prepaids, fixed assets, bond accounting, investment CD, payroll accrual, loan loss provisions and OREO.
- Calculate and post earning credits
- Balance general ledger accounts and document variances.
- Prepare monthly reconcilement report for all departments.
- Prepare FHLB and FRB Pledge Reports
- Prepare QPD Report
- Prepare Holding Company financials for Board
- Prepare data for IRR model including assumption and back testing documents.
- Prepare Call Report
- Prepare various Federal Reserve reports for the Holding Company.
- Prepare Annual Budget
- Prepare items for various audits including Accounting, IRR and Model Validations
- Prepare items for FDIC/OFR exam
- Prepare items for issuance of Audited Financial Statements
- Prepare annual Holding Company regulatory filings
- Prepare various presentations for ad hoc projects.
- Write reports to be used by management in Cognos for export to Excel.
- Implement and maintain various software for the Accounting Department
- Coordinate with various auditors
We invite you to review our employee benefits flyer (Opens in a new Window) (Opens in a new Window).