Responsible for analyzing and monitoring the credit worthiness of the bank’s customers. Analyzes financial statements, tax returns and bank references to evaluate the financial condition of individuals and businesses applying for credit with the bank. Recommends credit facilities within the established bank guidelines. May prepare other department related
Major Duties & Responsibilities
- Obtains loan request information from commercial lender or borrower to analyze credit information, financial statements and other related information pertaining to the loan.
- Researches background documentation and reviews personal and business financial statements and tax returns. Analyzes financial information and prepares the analysis for the lender.
- Requests and obtains financial statements on existing borrowers.
- Reviews and prepares written analysis, spreadsheets, reports, summaries and opinions. Prepares or assists in the preparation of loan memorandum for presentation to lenders and/or loan committees.
- Reviews loan files to ensure the completeness of the file and that all collateral has been secured properly.
- Assists lenders with calls on past-due loans as assigned by senior management with the bank’s loan portfolio.
- Updates collateral values, as needed on delinquent loans.
- Sets up meetings, conferences and conference calls.
- Complies with all regulations that apply within the scope of the position, including BSA, AML, OFAC and CIP.
- Participates in community events to keep with the “Team Marine” philosophy and image.
- Assists in preparation and completion of special assets, allowance for loan and lease loss and other asset quality reports.
Education & Experience
- Undergraduate degree in Business/Finance or Accounting.
- One to two years accounting, credit analysis or similar experience.
- Excellent financial analytical skills with sound judgment and decision making abilities.
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written).
- Strong customer-service skills.
- Ability to organize and prioritize to meet deadlines.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Excellent knowledge of personal/business financial statements and tax returns.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft office applications; strong knowledge of Excel and spreadsheet programs.
- Excellent attention to detail.
We invite you to review our employee benefits flyer.