Assists the Branch Manager in the daily management of the branch reinforcing the bank’s mission through personal modeling of expected sales, service, operations and compliance behaviors.
Major Duties & Responsibilities
- Ensure Engaging, Reliable, Inviting, Knowledgeable and Admirable customer experiences.
- Actively participate in both internal and external business development efforts. Guide staff in the sales or products and services and monitor results.
- Ensure branch employees’ day-to-day adherence to regulations, policies, and procedures while maintaining the highest level of customer service.
- Ensure Manage and coach teller line staff on sales, service and operational standards. Maintain an understanding of all current financial products, regulations, policies and procedures.
- branch employees timely complete, understand, and apply regulatory compliance and training topics and responsibilities.
- Ensure that the branch is operationally sound by performing or guiding monthly audits of teller drawers and negotiable items as well as testing of the alarms.
- Assist with the day to day management activities of the branch including staffing and vacation schedules, time sheets, and incentive sheets.
- Conduct training and meetings for branch personnel.
- Cover open positions when staffing is impacted due to vacations, sickness, etc.
- Assist with the drafting and delivery of annual performance reviews for branch staff.
- Work with Operations department to identify and correct branch errors. Identify and address trends as they arise.
- Oversee Safe Deposit area including annual audits, coordination of lock changes and drills, and billing.
- Assist Branch Manager with interviews of candidates for branch positions, hiring and onboarding.
- Assist on platform with customer servicing, account opening, and loan inquiries as needed.
- Complies with all regulations that apply within the scope of the position, including BSA, AML, OFAC and CIP.
- Participates in community events to keep with the “Team Marine” philosophy and image.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or other training or certification in the area of finance and/or banking preferred.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in financial institution operating policies and procedures, banking regulations, employee development, and public relations required.
- 1-2 years supervisory experience required.
- Good interpersonal communication, organization, and computer skills including Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Access, Microsoft Outlook, Internet Explorer.
- Meet with customers and prospects to determine business needs and recommend products and services.
- Coach branch staff to interact in accordance with the seven-step process. Guide staff to have effective conversations that result in business for the bank and its partners.
- Actively make referrals to other lines of business such as mortgage, commercial, and consumer lending. Refer clients to wealth management and merchant services. Coach staff to do the same to meet branch objectives.
- Participate in weekly meetings and daily huddles to assist in the coordination of sales.
- Greet Bank customers in person and by phone, professionally and pleasantly with a smile.
- Provide customer information in person, by phone, and email/fax.
- Serve clients by opening new accounts, performing maintenance, teller transactions, and guiding customers to lending and other business partners.
- Lead by example in interactions with both external and internal partners.
- Work with branch staff to coordinate sales efforts, and coach customer interactions.
- Coordinate branch personnel to provide optimal customer service, including the Saturday staff schedule for the branch.
- Troubleshoot problems and provide sound resolutions while following the chain of command.
- Provide leadership example and direction in matter of compliance.
- Contribute to branch staff performance evaluations with input on sales, service and compliance.
- Track and input incentive data for monthly summary spreadsheet.
- Monitor and guide record retention and destruction of documents relating to branch operations.