Responsible for the sales of mortgage loan products and representing Marine Bank & Trust by developing long term relationships with local realtors, builders and professional centers of influence that create opportunities for referral business. This position will entail, extensive community involvement, following bank policies and lending guidelines as well as the ability to refer clients for other bank services.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Ensures knowledgeable and exceptional customer service in originating first mortgage loans on behalf of Marine Bank & Trust.
- Current NMLS registration with no compliance findings.
- Personally interviews all loan applicants.
- Completes each loan application and all pre-processing functions on a timely basis to insure TRID disclosures are completed within regulatory guidelines.
- Must be proficient with FHA, VA, Construction, Conventional HUD and Agency lending guidelines.
- Proficient on how to look up all programs within secondary and portfolio loans for policy guidance.
- Fluent with DU and or LP.
- Maintains a thorough knowledge of the Loan Origination System as well as all related systems.
- Current with regulatory compliance and knowledge of RESPA, TRID and ATR/QM, Quality Control, CRA and HMDA reporting guidelines.
- Orders appraisals, credit reports, background checks, reference checks and other information as needed on the residential loan application.
- Personally answers incoming phone calls and schedules appointments.
- Communicates complex approvals and or denials to the borrower, real estate agent and or builder.
- Maintains and submits a loan pipeline and closings report on a monthly basis to department manager.
- Promotes and markets Marine Bank & Trust loan products in the local community.
- Reviews loan application forms and recommends the right loan products for prospective borrowers based upon approved underwriting policies.
- Strong communication skills required to promote and follow up with bank customers on a consistent basis.
- Negotiates loan structure, if necessary also negotiates work-out or default situations.
- Prepares credit memo with financial analysis.
- Presents loan requests to loan review committee.
- Prepares commitment letters for portfolio loan products.
- Works with borrower’s legal counsel and Title Company to confirm that closing conditions for funding are met.
- Coordinates timing of loan closing with borrower, real estate agents and all respective parties involved with the transaction.
- Maintains complete loan files for customer from application to closing.
- Works closely with residential lending department manager to keep open line of communication.
- Team attitude and works cooperatively and constructively with a wide variety of people, cross-functional teams, community-based organizations, banks and attorneys.
- Complies with all regulations that apply within the scope of the position, including BSA, AML, OFAC and CIP.
Participates in the community events to keep with the “Team Marine” philosophy and image.
Required Qualifications & Education:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, real estate, or related field.
- Minimum of 7 to 10 years of experience at a financial institution as a loan officer.
- Years of experience and stable employment history in lieu of education requirement will be considered for the right candidate.
- Strong analytical, time management and organizational skills with a high level of attention to detail.
- Strong customer service philosophy.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- MS Excel- intermediate level.
- MS Power-Point-beginning level.
- MS Word- intermediate level.
- Must be proficient and open to using different types of Loan Origination Software.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes a strong base salary, strong commission structure, 401(k); medical and dental and vision plans. All in an outstanding work environment. Please do not apply without the requirements described above.
- Full-Time Exempt position
- Salary + Commission
- Excellent benefits package