Marine Bank customers enjoy surcharge free surcharge-free transactions at any Allpoint, STARsf, or Presto! ATM. You can locate one by clicking here. Marine Bank takes a number of precautions to ensure that its customers have a safe environment, but there is no substitute for good, cautious behavior on the part of the customer. In recognition of National Consumer Protection Week March 4-10, Marine Bank recommends that customers follow these eight safety tips when using any ATM:
- Keep your PIN number a secret. Never write it down or share it with anyone – not even family members.
- Be aware of your surroundings, particularly at night. Make sure the ATM is free of sight obstructions. If you observe suspicious persons or circumstances, do not use the machine.
- Bring someone with you when using an ATM at night. If you can’t, use an ATM that is located in a public area like a convenience or grocery store.
- Have your ATM card ready and in your hand as you approach the ATM.
- Use your body to “shield” the ATM keyboard as you enter your PIN.
- Always take your receipts or transaction records with you.
- Do not count or visually display any money you received from the ATM. Immediately put your money into your pocket or purse and count it later.
- If you are using a drive-up ATM, be sure passenger windows are rolled up and all doors are locked. If you leave your car and walk to the ATM, lock your car.
If you have questions, please contact Marine Bank and one of our banking professionals will be happy to assist you.