Establishes, coordinates and maintains an accounting system that properly reflects the financial position of the financial institution.
Major Duties & Responsibilities
- Oversee the daily operations of the Accounting Department, ensuring the transactions are recorded properly and in a timely manner.
- Manage the preparation and analysis of internal and external financial reporting, insuring the integrity of this information.
- Manage the annual budgeting process including periodic analysis of budget variances.
- Manage accounting activities, including accounts payable and receivable operations. Reconciles revenue reports, variances, special projects, payroll and timesheet reports
- Manage the Accounts Payable process, including employee reimbursements.
- Responsible for regulatory and financial reporting, financial analyses, cash management and forecasting reports
- Reconcile general ledger, analyzes financial accounts and prepares journal entries.
- Close and produce monthly corporate financial statements.
- Develop and implement policies and procedures to streamline accounting process
- Manage fixed-assets
- Develop and produce financial data and reports to assist Bank management in development and implementation of various strategies
- Comply with all regulations that apply within the scope of the position, including BSA, AML, OFAC and CIP
- Participate in community events to keep with the “Team Marine” philosophy and image
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance.
- Advance knowledge of accounting principles, as well as excellent analytical, verbal, mathematical and written communication skills.
- Advanced computer skills, specifically Microsoft Excel, Word and Access.