The Commercial Loan Officer is responsible for creating and maintaining close relationships with all parties involved in commercial transaction and helps facilitate sales through the structuring of creative and appealing loan products. The commercial loan officer is responsible for generating and servicing loans and customer relationships including commercial loans and commercial real estate loans. This position participates in the Bank’s business development program and represents the Bank by participating in appropriate community activities.
Major Duties & Responsibilities
- Ensures Engaging, Reliable, Inviting, Knowledgeable and Admirable customer experiences.
- Personally generate new banking business including loans and deposits to meet and beat budget expectations.
- Maintain the loan portfolio quality, including asset quality, past dues and compliance quality within acceptable industry & regulatory guidelines by utilizing sound judgment.
- Participates in the Bank’s Management Committee.
- Mentors and assists in the development of other bank loan officers.
- Complies with all regulations that apply within the scope of the position, including BSA, AML, OFAC and CIP.
- Attends networking events, community functions and volunteers on behalf of Marine Bank in an effort to create and foster good consumer/business relationships within the community.
- Participates in community events to keep with the “Team Marine” philosophy and image.
Education & Experience
- Five or more years experience as a commercial lender or equivalent position.
- Strong sales, service and persuasion skills plus strong credit and underwriting skills for commercial and commercial real estate loans.
- Knowledge of bank loan regulatory guidelines.
- Knowledge of regulatory guidelines.
- Excellent communication, management, analytical and interpersonal skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software program, especially Word & Excel.